Ways to Protect Belongings While Packing
When you’re preparing for a move, it’s important to protect your belongings to ensure they arrive safely at your new home. Here are a few tips on how to secure your items while packing:
- Take an inventory of your possessions so you can account for each one when you move.
- Label the boxes you pack your belongings into with the contents and their fragility.
- Gently wrap items in bubble wrap and other cushioning materials, such as newspaper, tissue paper, or foam packing peanuts.
- Choose shatterproof boxes, like plastic bins, that are less likely to break open.
- Use sealing tape to secure boxes shut.
- Stack boxes carefully and don’t overestimate how much weight each box can carry.
Securing Fragile Items While Packing
Fragile items must be given special attention when packing for a move. Here are a few tips for cushioning and protecting them on the journey:
- Limit the number of items you place in each box to mitigate the risk of breakage.
- Fill any voids in the box with cushioning materials, such as foam peanuts or fabric, to avoid items from banging around inside.
- Wrap each individual item in bubble wrap to prevent it from scratching or chipping.
- Place the most fragile items on top and bottom of the box and wrap items in the middle in additional crumpled newspaper.
- Stack items so the most delicate ones are on the bottom and heavier breakable items on the top.
Furthermore, you should consider filling out an insurance policy to protect your belongings during a move. Many private companies provide coverage and filing an insurance claim can make the process of being compensated for any damages or loss easier.
Finally, the best way to ensure the protection of your items during a move is to hire a reliable and trustworthy moving company. They can give you the peace of mind that your items will arrive at your new home in one piece. You should look for a company that has experience in moving fragile items and inquire about their procedures for packing them and any measures they take to prevent damage.
Moving can be one of life’s most stressful events, so Around About Removals is here to help you manage your relocation stress. Sounds impossible? It’s not. Just ask our customers who would refer us to friends and family for their next move. Clients have rated us as one of the best moving companies in Gauteng.